The teaching lab is equipped with network-controlled cameras and offers the opportunity to observe behavior. The premises are available for courses, examinations / group work on courses and student theses from the department of Psychology.
The following fold-out elements provide information on how to use the teaching lab.
Conditions of use
Before using the lab for the first time for teaching or a project, all potential employees of the project should have participated in the technology introduction!
Registration with Nina Krüger
During the briefing, it should already be stated how long and to what extent the teaching lab should be used for the corresponding project / seminar so that planning is only possible.
In order to meet possible parallel requests, the following prioritization should be made in descending importance when deciding on usage requests:
- Courses in psychology
- Examinations / tests / group work on courses in psychology
- Student theses in psychology
- Other scientific projects (doctoral theses, other projects of employed and associated staff) in psychology
This prioritization was carried out because the observation laboratory is a teaching lab. For your own research work, doctoral theses, etc., you should primarily use your own laboratories.
If the number and scope of the requests exceed the capacities of the teaching lab, a long-term allocation of hours per week should be made available to each work area, the use of which the members of a work area would then have to negotiate among themselves. (For example, 5 hours per work area per week.)
The LehrLab should be booked for a course LATEST ONE WEEK before the start of each semester so that other projects (see points 2 to 4) can plan at least in the medium term.
The room is booked by StINe ("observation rooms"; room 4095/96), please note the following:
- Specify a specific course / project AND contact person under the appointment name!
- DO NOT make bookings for "suspicion" to secure certain times, unless it has been agreed with the teaching lab coordination!
- If an appointment or a booking cannot be realized, it should be canceled 48 hours in advance with Nina Krüger and the time slot should be released again!
General information of the room
- The markings on the floor are for other studies -> please do not remove
- The cameras are on tripods or strips. They can be placed anywhere, everyone can put the cameras around, so no permanent order can be expected.
- Thanks to the optical and digital rotation, the cameras can realize a 360 ° view. Therefore, the cameras should best be placed diagonally in the room. For example, it is possible to film the study participants as they enter.
- The cameras must be connected to the LAN sockets by cable!
- If sound is to be recorded, the directional microphone must be positioned so that it can record (hang on the tripods or similar, but have a long range).
Set up the setting so that subjects feel comfortable (do not place them with their backs to the door or directly in front of the mirror).
- As soon as there is a light source in the observation room (door open, light on, screen turned towards the mirror), the one-way mirror loses its function. Attention should be paid to this, or potential observers should be advised of this in order to avoid possible irritation of the test subjects / observers.
- In the adjoining room, lights can be switched on to relieve the test subjects of someone watching them through the mirror window.
- First switch on the central toggle switch (red) at the rear right behind the PCs. (This supplies the hub with power, from which all LAN plugs are distributed.)
- -> HUB starts to flash, cameras wake up from the idle state.
- User ID: work area abbreviation (e.g.: DD, EP, EEP, etc.), password: secret (only at the beginning, password should then be changed regularly in consultation with your own work area).
- Create project folder on the desktop! Everything should be saved there. (Not on the hard drive, as this would be visible to all users of the computer, including other work areas.)
- IMPORTANT: Always save all recordings, etc. on a stick / hard drive, as the project folder is deleted regularly!
- To do this, always first check whether the file is running on your own computer, can be opened, ie has been copied correctly.
- Delete your own files in the project folder after 1 week at the latest!
- Empty the trash after deleting!
Mangold: Video Sync Pro
- Close programmes
- Shutdown computer
- Turn off monitors
- Switch off the HUB using the red toggle switch
The transponder for the room is available from Ms. Herzog
Timings: Attention! Times can change!
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Keys can be returned outside opening hours via the key slide next to the office door, but check by hand whether the key has actually slipped!